Zesty herb and chilli crab salad with crostini recipe & ingredients
How to make zesty herb and chilli crab salad with crostini? Zesty herb and chilli crab salad with crostini recipes and ingredient shared on our page.
6 people Zesty herb and chilli crab salad with crostini ingredients;
- 1 small baquette, thinly sliced diagonally into 18 pieces
75 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
juices of 1/2 small lemon
Plus wedges to serve
handful fresh chives, finely chopped few sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parslet leaves
2 red chillies, deseeded, 1 finely chopped, 1 finely sliced
300 g fresh white crabmeat, any shell discarded
150 g mixed baby salad leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Note: You will also need a 9 cm ring mould or pastry cutter.
Zesty herb and chilli crab salad with crostini recipe;
- Preheat the grill to medium. For the crostini, place half the baquette slices on a large baking tray, season and brush all over with olive oil. Grill for about 1 minute each side, until golden. Set aside on a wire rack to cool and repeat with the remaining baquette.
- In a bowl, mix together 75 ml oil, the lemon juice, fresh herbs and chopped red chilli. Season to taste and set aside to infuse for minutes.
- Put the crabmeat into a large bowl and gradually mix in just over half of the herb mixture to bind. Season to taste.
- Place the ring mould or pastry cutter on a plate. Press in some of the crab mix, then remove the ring. Repeat to make six starters.
- To serve, top each with a small pile of salad leaves. Garnish with the sliced chilli, drizzle around the remaining herb oil and serve with the crostini and lemon wedges to squeeze over.