Sticky spare ribs and crunchy slaw recipe & ingredients
How to make sticky spare ribs and crunchy slaw? Sticky spare ribs and crunchy slaw recipe with ingredients shared on our page.
6 serves Sticky spare ribs and crunchy slaw ingredients
1,5 kg pork spare ribs
6 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
4 tbsp honey
60g fresh ginger, sliced into thick rounds
4 spring onions
3 tbps Chinese rice wine or sherry vinegar
For the crunchy slaw
6 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, cut into short, thin strips
1 small cucumber, cut into short, thin strips
2 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges, to serve
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sticky spare ribs and crunchy slaw recipe
1. Put the spare ribs in a large non-stick roasting tin. Mix the soy sauce, kecap manis and honey in a bowl and pour over the ribs. Add the ginger, whole spring onions and rice wine.
2. Put the pin on the hob, pour over 1 litre of water and bring to the boil. cover with foil and simmer over a medium heat for 45 minutes, turning regularly to ensure the ribs cook evenly.
3. Put all the slaw ingredients in a serving bowl, season, and toss well.
4. Remove and discard the ginger and spring onions from the rib mixture. Increase the heat to high and cook, uncovered, for a further 30-40 minutes, until the suace is thick and syrup. Once cooked, the ribs should be evenly coated with a dark glaze and the meat should be very tender.
5. To serve, pile the ribs and pan juices on a platter, put the bowl of slaw alongside and serve with the lime wedges to squeeze over. Your enjoy meal!
(The crunchy slaw makes a lovely contrast to these finger-licking sticky ribs. Kecap manis is an Indonesian seet soy sauce. )