Warm salad of pear, scallop & chorizo recipe & ingredients
How to make warm salad of pear, scallop & chorizo? Warm salad of pear, scallop & chorizo recipe with ingredients shared on our page.
4 people Warm salad of pear, scallop & chorizo ingredients;
- 100g chorizo, skinned and thinly sliced
12 fresh scallops, shucked and wasned but whole with orange roe left on
2 medium, firm pears, cored and thinly sliced
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
75g bunch of watercress, washed and deskalted
1 tbsp olive oil
Warm salad of pear, scallop & chorizo recipe;
1. Make sure you have everything prepared you start cooking. Gently heat a non stick frying pan. When hot, add the chorizo and dry-fry until just beginning to Brown – it will release its own oil after 30 seconds or so. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper.
2. Add the scallops to the pan and sear in the chorizo oil for about 1 minute each side. Remove and set aside with the chorizo.
3. Finally, add the pear slices and fry quite briskly to caramelise a little. Once you have turned them, add the vinegar and swirl the pears around in it for a few seconds, then tip it all into a bowl.
4. Add the scallops, chorizo, watercress and oil. Season with salt (not pepper in case the chorizo has a kick of its own). Serve immediately. Your enjoy meal!
(Be demanding when you shop for this recipe. You want a good chorizo (the thinner, dryer kind is best); firm pears (the harder the better);and look for diver caught scallops.)