How to make tagliata salads? Tagliata salad recipes and ingredient shared on our page.
400g small baby new potatoes
2 x 150g beef steaks, such as rib-eye or sirloin, about 2 cm thick
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp capers
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
50g rocket leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain. allow to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, sear the steaks in a hot, dry frying pan for about 2 minutes each side (this will leave them rare, so if you prefer your meat medium-rare, make it 3 minutes each side). Rest the steaks once they are cooked.
3. Make the salad. Cut the still-warm potatoes in half (or break them up with your hands) and toss with the mustard, vinegar, capers, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and the tarragon.
4. Slice the steak as thinly as you can and toss it into the salad with the rocket. Season with salt, pepper and the remaining oil.
5. This is an Anglicised version of an Italian dish of rare, sliced steak dressed with balsamic vinegar. Hunt down some good beef, properly aged balsamic vinegar and early Jersey Royal potatoes to make this really special. Enjoy your meal!