Complement the smooth texture of the creamy suce by serving this dish with a crisp green salad crunchy bread rolls.
4 Serves sirloin with whisky sauce ingredients;
- 900g sirloin steak about 2cm thick
Sunflower oil, for frying
4-6 tbls whisky
150ml homemade beef stock or water
2 tsp green peppercorns
150ml double cream
Salt and ground black pepper
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Author : Prue Leith
Cookbook : Quick and easy (Confident Cooking)
Sirloin with whisky sauce recipe;
1. Trim the steaks of fat it desired and cut into 4 pieces. Brush a frying-pan with oil and place over high heat. When the oil starts to smoke, put the steaks in the pan. Fry for 3 minutes each side, lifting them now and again to stop them from sticking.
2. Spoon the whisky over the steaks and cook for a few minutes. Take the steaks out of the pan, put them on a plate and keep warm.
3. Add the stock or water to the pan, then add the peppercorns and cream. Season and simmer for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Stir the juices that have oozed from the steaks into the sauce. Serve poured over the steaks.
Tip : Why not try flaming the steaks? Flaming burns off the alcohol from any spirit, leaving just its flavour behind. Either spoon the whisky over the meat in the pan and ignite with a taper, or heat it in a small pan or ladle, ignite then pour however, will make the alcohol evaporate immediately, 50 there would be no chance to flame it. Enjoy your meal 🙂