Low in fat and high in protein, trout is delicious and very versatile. Serve it with this nutty dill sauce for a fast but impressive main dish.
4 Serves trout with hazelnuts ingredients;
- 4 x 225 rainbow trout
Salt and ground black pepper
1 tbls oil
75g hazelnuts, skinned
2 tbls white wine vinegar
2 large egg yolks
225g unsalted butter, melted
1-2 tbls chopped fresh dill
Lemon slices, to garnish
Springs of dill, to garnish
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Author : Prue Leith
Cookbook : Quick and easy (Confident Cooking)
Trout with hazelnuts recipe;
1. Clean trout cavities with salt. Melt the butter and oil in a large heavy-based pan. Gently fry the trout on each side for 5-6 minutes until golden Brown and cooked through.
2. Remove the trout from the fryingpan and keep hot. Divide the hazelnuts and add half to pan. Fry until golden Brown. Drain well on kitchen paper and keep warm.
3. Reduce the vinegar to 1 tbls in a pan. Cool. Roast and chop the remaining nuts. Tip yolks and vinegar into a food processor.
4. Slowly pour the unsalted butter through the funnel onto the egg mixture until thick. Add chopped hazelnuts and dill. Season.
5. Garnish fish with lemon slices, sprigs of dill and whole nuts. Gently warm the hazelnut sauce and serve separately.
Tip : Nuts can become stale very quickly so unly buy small quantities and always keep in an airtight tin.
Serve these rainbow trout with mangetout or a green salad and plently of sauteed potatoes. Enjoy your meal 🙂