The tropical zing of a süblime marinade gives this chicken dish such a lift that you’ll think you’re on an exotic holiday.
4 Serves Lime marinated chicken ingredients;
- 4 chicken breasts potions
Grated zest and juice of 3 limes
Pinch of saffron
1 tbls olive oil
25g flaked almonds
2 tbls acacia blossom honey
1 tsp freshly chopped thyme
2 tbls freshly chopped mint
saltand ground black pepper
mint spring, to garnish
Preparation time : 20 minutes + marinatings
Cooking time : 30 – 35 minutes
Author : Prue Leith
Cookbook : Quick and easy (Confident Cooking)
Lime marinated chicken recipe;
1. Prick the chicken all over with a skewer. Marinate in the lime zest juice and saffron for at leat 24 hours, turning the chicken frequently.
2. Melt 25g of the butter with the oil in a pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted sppon. Add the chicken to the pan and fry until golden. Remove and set aside. Add the almonds and fry until golden. Remove and drain off the fat.
3. Stir the honey into the marinade. Return the chicken breasts and almonds to the pan. Add the chopped thyme, half the chopped mint and season with the salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken in the pan. Add the remaining butter. Tightly cover the pan and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
4. Put the chicken onto a warmed serving dish and almonds and sprinkle over rest of the chopped mint. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Serve with new potatoes and fresh green salad or mixed vegetables. Enjoy your meal 🙂