How to make 4 people piced pigeon with roast butternut squash salads? Spiced pigeon with roast butternut squash recipes and ingredient shared on our page.
Spiced pigeon with roast butternut squash salad ingredients
8 pigeon breasts
3 tbsp thick Turkish yoğurt
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cumin seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot paprika, preferably smoked
1 medium butternut squash (600g)
2 red onions, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp pumkin seed oil or extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
handful of wild rocket leaves
2 tbsp butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spiced pigeon with roast butternut squash salad recipe
1. Put the pigeon breasts, Turkish yoğurt, 1 tbsp olive oil, ginger, cumin, salt and paprika in a shallow ceramic dish and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Preheat the oven 200 C (fan 180 C), gas 6. Leaving the skin on, cut the squash into rings or half-moon slices, whichever in easiest. Toss the pieces in the remaining olive oil and add a little salt. Lay the slices, spaced well apart, on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, or until slightly browned and crispy at the edges. (If you bake them this way the skin is very edible, like a jacket potato).
3. Meanwhile, toss the sliced red onions in a bowl with the lemon juice and the pumkin seed oil or extra virgin olive oil. Season lightly. Gently mix the onion with the squash and rocket leaves to make a warm salad.
4. Heat the butter in a wide-based frying pan and sear the pigeon breasts for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for a good 5 minutes.
5. Cut each pigeon breast into three and serve with the butternut squash salad extra pumpkin seed oil, if you like. Your enjoy meal!
(You could use duck breasts instead of pigeon. If you do, increase the total cooking time to about 10 minutes.)