All you need for this recipe are some everday ingredients and a wok or large frying-pan ofr stir-frying. Served in bowls, these bite-sized pieces are ideal when you want to try your hand at chop-sticks.
4 Serves shredded chicken stir-fry ingredients;
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
1/2 a cucumber
Pinch of salt
1/2 a green pepper
6 springs onions
1 tbls oil
1/4 tsp chilli powder
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp dry sherry
1 tsp runny honey
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 3 minutes
Author : Prue Leith
Cookbook : Quick and easy (Confident Cooking)
Shredded chicken stir-fry recipe;
1. Cut the chicken breasts into thin shreds about 7,5 cm long, using a sharp knife.
2. Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, then into three widthways. Remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice each piece into narrow stips, 6mm wide. Put them in a colander, sprinkle with salt and set aside to drain for 20 minutes.
3. Slice the pepper, into thin strips and cut the spring onions lengthways into piecesthe same size as the cucmber. rinse the cucumber well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. Heat the oil in a wok or frying-pan and when hot add the green pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the chicken is firm and cooked through. Add the chilli powder and spring onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the cucumber and garlic. Fry for another 30 seconds, add the soy sauce, sherry and honey. Serve immediately.
Tip : The secret successful stir-frying is to wait until the oil is very hot and then to stir constantly so the ingredients that are used remain crisp and firm.
For a more substantial meal serve this dish with sweet and sour vegetables. Enjoy your meal 🙂